Saturday, November 14, 2015

Part 5c - Debating ClimateDepot fan: final thoughts


WillH - 10/26/15

Will:  ... I myself was once a Sierra Club member. I developed a soft spot for that part of the world after having gone to summer camp between Sequoia and King Canyon National parks and then doing a lot of back packing in the Southern Sierras but since then the club's politics has driven me away. 
__________________

This is ridiculous, what in the world does the Sierra Club have to do with honestly learning from the body of authoritative evidence regarding manmade global warming? 

I agree the Sierra Club isn't what it once was, so what?
_______________________________________________

Will:  Maybe I inherited a soft spot for the mountains from my father who was born in a mining town in the mountains of southern CO. 
__________________

So what?  Besides, consider the miner's legacy - knowing how to take stuff out of the ground, maximize profits, then run and leave huge messes behind for others to clean up.  Trust me, I've seen it, I lived in Silverton 79/85 and worked at the Mayflower Mill 83/84ish (crusher operator and ball/rod mill operator) - even worked underground (track crew - Gladstone) for a few months - so I've seen it from the inside.  I also watched the Animas River run orange/yellow yuck this past autumn.

But, what's all that got to with understanding climate science?
_______________________________________________

Will:  I have been particularly concerned about how Man has been using up the Earth's very finite supply of fossil fuels just as quickly as possible and I would have liked to have used AGW as another reason why but no. 
__________________

What an obsequious farce.  

If you were actually concerned about Earth's finite resources you'd be approaching these issues from a way different angle - but instead you are trying to deny a couple centuries worth of fundamental science by lying about the state of the climate science understanding.



Well bud, I mean WillH,

It's been interesting and I thank you for speaking up and trying to defend your position.  I was disappointed that you refused to reflect on your confusion regarding the difference between a manmade green house and our actual global atmosphere and its climate system.  

After that it was predictable, you'd repeat your mantra a few times never hearing a damn thing I said, while ignoring all the information and links (to more authoritative sources I offered), then you'd fall silent.  Presumably to go find someone more gullible to peddle your same old fraudulent story to.

What a shame, and what sin against our children and future generations.

_______________________________________________