Sunday, July 8, 2018

Earth Centrist ponders, polite or honest ?

I've been too busy to do much with my project to dissect JohnSmith's crazy-making, but our exchange at YouTube continues and I believe this particular response is worth sharing with like-minded 'Children of the Intellectual Enlightenment' and rational fact-based thinkers and humanists.
{ More than ever we need to step up and engage with the childish tenets of faith-blinded delusionals, not to mention we need some serious networking between each other.  Alone we are impotent, together we have potential.}
You see I've hurt JohnSmith's feelings again, guess I'm too busy pointing out the fallacies he's perpetrating, rather than dancing with him.  Since I seem to have a reputation as a rough kinda guy, although I prefer "up front'n honest", it's worth discussing in more detail.  

For instance in my defense, instead of responding to my thoughts and queries, the guy reaches for the Whack-A-Mole gambit, which I'm not happy about, though I (and others) am willing to use the opportunities for sharing valid information on any angle of AGW that contrarians care to toss at us.


After sleeping on it, I've decided to share my improved and expanded response.  For the original and more of our exchange, check out: 


Ch4 Equinox 16-2 The Day the Oceans Boiled (17 Jun 2001)


JohnSmith, I just got through learning about the recent happenings in Japan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fbCOZlR1c, truly horrendous, yet our leaders are too busy jerking around each other to notice.  Let alone to appreciate what it means.  

It got me reflecting on your lament: "I just don't understand (citizenschallenge). I start out with a polite greeting ..."     Okay my sweet nice John, let me try to spell out why I'm edgy, hell, truthfully, I'm god awful pissed off at Faith Based Delusionals, and the herd of ME FIRST political personalities (along with their sheeple) and how they've ensured a hideous future for us all.  

I admit, in light of your words that is how I've categorized you.  Your velvety insinuations, your down right false assertions regarding the state of climate science disgust me because of their base dishonesty and the destruction they are guaranteeing. 

Your words make clear that your climate science understanding is as superficial as the film on a bubble. I believe that for you, this is about politics and your perceived financial interests.  Reading your words, it's obvious you've never truly considered the down to Earth physical reality, nor the consequences to our collective economic choices.  

You can't fool me, your talking points have been cut'n pastes, without original thoughts of your own. { I can say this because I've been keeping up and ever learning about climate science since about 1970, along with the GOP driven dysfunctional dialogue.}

What's my bias?  I come at all this from an Earth Centrist's position, meaning that Earth and her physical processes and the Pageant of Evolution are my touchstones, the foundation of all reality.*  

After decades of study I've learned that contrarian games are invariably dedicated to stupefying people through faux science by rhetoric, ridicule, and slander.  Relying on arguments that disregard facts and truth with alacrity.

Confusion and doubt mongering are its goals.  Honest curiosity?  There's none.  Not a bit of awe and wonder at our Earth, her atmosphere and oceans and all we've learned and visualized these years - all that is treated with cynicism if not down right derision and contempt.  No appreciate at all for how much our weather impacts every aspect of our lives.

Not long ago it was the unimaginably distant future, now I'm watching the world beginning to fall apart in earnest and with the full knowledge that the ugly has just begun and that coming years hold unimaginable horrors for all of us.  Yes US, not some future generations, the future has arrived and thanks to ME FIRST fools, people are totally unaware, unprepared, stupefied.  It could be you are but a sheep, an innocent, clueless and gullible as they get, makes little difference.  

Sorry, I'm an experienced, knowledgeable, grizzled old man and humanity has disappointed me too much to hold any stock in your hollow politeness with all its hidden cynical self-interest and easy disregard for well settled and understood science,  Oh, for what it's worth dogs and kids, come to think of it most adults and my lady, like me well enough, so I know I've retained my humanity, which is why I'm trying to explain myself and be civil, if not particularly 'polite'.         

 Want to civilly debate any of this, come on down . . .   https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com


If you are wondering what all of this is about, 
it's about fundamental core issues and taboos 
that have been avoided for way too long.

It's about time that Faith-Blinded Thinking is confronted for the malicious deception its evolved into over the past few decades, thanks to paid dirty tricksters and pick-pocket power political evangelicals.

Why not start loudly talking about the gross abuse of America's Free Speech Right?

Willful deception regarding down to Earth 
well understood physical processes 
should be loudly called out and condemned, 
even if buddies of billionaires Supreme Court judges say lying about critical matters is fine and dandy.
_______________________________________

Here some thoughts that seem self-evident, but that are never discussed.  Just saying, food for thought.

Religions are shadow-plays to help humans confront their existential insecurity.  They help us as we try making sense of our short lives in difficult, sometimes hideous times.

The foreknowledge of our own deaths makes speculation about eternity and creation inevitable.  And when we speculate we come up with answers, even if we need to make them up.

During a hard difficult life, imagine how cherished distant early childhood memories of being swaddled in warmth, freedom from toil, in the loving security of mothers strong arms, must have been.  

Add to that living with seasons and the rhythms of life and death, it seems only natural to imagine a being that transcends the limits of our short existence in this world who’s beginning and end is beyond imagining. 

I like the unknowable God of the Universe and Creation, a 'god' that is manifested in the pageant of evolution.  Here’s a little mantra that popped into my head long ago: ‘God is Creation, why rob god of god’s evolution by slamming our origin story into a one-dimensional freeze frame.’ 

Knowledge of God is the ultimate in personal intimate relationships, your experience can not be transferred to, or replicated for, others.  

Religions are human constructs for enabling human societies to function.

Science on the other hand is humanity’s recipe for learning about the physical world and its processes as honestly as possible.

Learning is the goal, fidelity to physical facts is the gold standard.  

Science is a world where Free Speech doesn’t mean it’s okay to lie and slander with malicious intent.  

Informed constructive skepticism is the rule.   

Dishonest bluster and bullying is a crime.


For instance consider the Prosperity Doctrine, the metaphorical anti-Christ if there ever was.  It's a blasphemy that glorifies the ME FIRST mentality of short-sighted self-interest, and it's about as un-Christian as is possible to get.  Avarice, hypocrisy and double standards are its hallmarks.

Believing God has a personal relationship between individual you and an unknowable billions of years old God 
is the ultimate in human folly, think on it.

Even the Holy Bible warns in the Book of Job and others
God is beyond our petty fearful self-interested human mind's ability to comprehend.  

** I’d like to suggest that folks may have a very real personal relationship with God, but to assume that it goes both ways reveals a disregard for the scope of God and God's Creation, by that I mean billions of years worth of evolution unfolding one day at a time.  

What am I trying to say?  Among other things,

Democracy use it or lose it, destructive dogma based assumptions ought to get called out.  This includes pointing out the act of mistaking one’s own EGO and desires for God's Will.

(some grammatical housekeeping 7/13/18)

1 comment:

Peter Miesler said...

For what it's worth in true malicious contrarian fashion,
Psalm1Tree opts out of further discussion,
the superficial he's great at,
the challenging questions and producing substance, not so much,
ability to face his own errors and fallacies, apparently none.

I would suggest that's absolutism at work.
In today's hostility saturated political/religious/business climate that's a breath away from totalitarianism US style.