Friday, November 3, 2017

Considering the Contrarian Mindscape


This is about Intellectual Confrontation and my pal 'n sparing partner over at CFI, MikeYohe, who's tenacity in the face of my steady stream of explanations, references, links, counter-questions has been impressive.  He stands his ground where other climate science contrarians have slunk away in silence.

I'm appreciative of the opportunity it allows me to unpeel his layers of self-deception.  He also makes a bad habit of slandering Dr. Michael Mann with outlandish, but widely believed fabricated nonsense. Thus I've promised myself to share that discussion over here, but it takes time he's so good with the gish gallop.  In the meanwhile, I want to start the ball rolling with this recent exchange.  It's a screen shot and not of the best quality but the link is there, come on down, join the discussion. ;-)  Food for thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Breaking news, released November 4th: 
Climate Science Special Report
Fourth National Climate Assessment (NCA4), Volume I

This report is an authoritative assessment of the science of climate change, with a focus on the United States. It represents the first of two volumes of the Fourth National Climate Assessment, mandated by the Global Change Research Act of 1990.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My response to Mike's ramble are in red,
click for clearer image.
                                                                                     

No comments: