- I use the scare quotes because today’s “libertarianism” has nothing to do with pluralism and American Liberty and everything to do with Me First and an attitude of: ‘If I can grab it, it’s mine - what’s mine is mine and fuk you and yours.’
- Worst, in practice most “libertarians” believe that lying about geophysical facts is some free speech right and they have convinced themselves it’s okay to ignore physical reality with a white wash of self deception, rhetorical gotcha tricks, and distracting malicious slander. ___________________________________________
- Solomon, A., and the US CLIVAR Decadal Predictability Working Group, 2011: Distinguishing the roles of natural and anthropogenically forced decadal climate variability: Implications for prediction. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 92, 141-156, doi: 10.1175/2010BAMS2962.1.
Communication of the role of natural variability in future North American climate.
Nat. Clim. Change, 2, 775-779, doi: 10.1038/nclimate1562. Link: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/cdeser/docs/deser.communicating_navari.ncc12.pdf
- George Waldbusser (College of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences)
- Oregon Sea Grant publications about ocean acidification
- Oregon Sea Grant funded research on ocean acidification
- OSU, Mabardy has been working on outreach… Pacific Coast Shellfish. Her report (The U.S. West Coast Shellfish Industry's Perception of and Response to Ocean Acidification) can be found online in the OSG publications and videos catalog
Seattle Times Investigative Series. Ocean Acidification - Craig Welch https://apps.seattletimes.com/reports/sea-change/2014/apr/30/pteropod-shells-dissolving/
- Pacific Ocean takes perilous turn
- Lucrative crab industry in danger
- Oysters dying as coast is hit hard
- Can sea life adapt to souring oceans?
- Food for millions at risk
- Acidification fight faces political hurdles
1st sentence: Who cares? The question isn’t about enclosed fully controlled plant warehouses, we are discussing our natural biosphere!
Early damages are already being documented, and again it is the product of deniable, but unavoidable, down to Earth reality, it’s physics, and it’s as natural as it gets.
Scientists are well aware of these age old fish tales and natural oscillations and they are steadily improving their modeling techniques to better map our immensely dynamic oceans.
Carbon Dioxide is our atmosphere’s main insulation medium, you could almost look at it as a regulator. Consider, during ice ages this regulator went down to about 180 ppm, when it ended CO2 slowly rose back to 280ish as had been Earth’s habit for a very long time. Then the Steam Age came along. At the time our atmosphere’s ‘insulation regulator’ was at around 280 ppm, today we’ve cranked that regulator up past 410 ppm and rising fast. Something Earth hasn’t experienced in many millions of years. You really think that’s not going to have a huge impact?
We The People of the United States have a moral, ethical right - along with a pragmatic need - to learn what scientists have learned about this planet's biosphere and climate engine without constant dishonest crossfire.
We should not tolerate serious scientists constantly being drown out by amoral, ruthless and frankly ignorant arguments - that an astoundingly ruthless GOP PR factory repeats over and over again, without ever learning a damned thing from the evidence in front of us.